Aug 8, 2010

Its the Little things that matter

I had an Interesting day on Friday. I started my day as usual. My alarm went off at 8:00 am..Well thats Never a good thing. Lets just say I had a fight with the alarm clock. I'm not so sure who won but the clock was left on the floor with a few bruises. Hint : I am not a morning person. I took a shower, had a good healthy breakfast and left to go run a few errands. I later on Met with my good friend Amy for Lunch, then Stopped by my college to take care of a few things.By the way...those new  fruit smoothies at McDOnalds are So delicious!!!  Yep, I said it. Yes I know Mickie D's is not Jamba juice but hey who has money for Jamba juice or Keva Cafe or smoothie king all the time? Certainly not me. SO where were we? aahhh we were talking about my day. GO TRY THOSE SMOOTHIES THOUGH!!!!! ok back to where we left off.  So yeah when i was done "taking care of bussiness", I ran into my good friend Sharon, talked for a little while then decided to call it a day. Now here comes the interesting part :

As I was leaving, I found a lost wallet in the parking lot. I picked it up and since the school's lost and found office was already closed I had no way of turning it in. So I opened up the wallet and the first thing I saw was the Owner's driver's License. I found his address, mapped it on my phone and realized it was only 20 minutes from my house. I first went home, then Decided to drive to this Guy's house to drop off his wallet. The sad part was when I got there He wasnt home. I definitely did not want to drive back with it so I left it as his doorstep with a note describing how I found his wallet..yadda, yadda. I also included my name and email address ( Just incase he wanted to thank me or had any questions). Well lets just say I have new Friend now. His name is Corey!!!! He Sent me an email today thanking me very much for returning his wallet to him. He went ahead and said I really left a positive impact on his life because not many people will do such an act. So what do you call this? INTEGRITY!!!  Integrity is doing the right thing at all times even when no one is watching. I do not mean to blow my trumpet or anything but sometimes its the little things that we do that really make a difference.

Where am I going with this? well...hold your horses people. I'm trying to make a point. My point is EVERYTHING we do has consequesnces (good or bad). You do not have to donate a million dollars to charity to make a difference, Heck I do not even have....Ok yeah am not Rich. If you see a friend in need, Give them a hug, send them a card, flowers or a note saying you are thinking about them. Always be nice to people....Ok within reason because some people can really turn you into a human door mat if you are not careful.

Its not Always about you! Think about the person next to you. Always do the right thing.  I am not asking you to be mother Teresa, But I can tell you this...you will attract more bees with honey than with vinegar. People always remember what you did for them. Every encounter you make, leaves an impact. Be the Change you want to see. and DO not expect people to be nice to you If you can't even do single good Deed.  By the way, just to let you know; Tit for Tat is a game for toddlers and immature people. NOOBS are the only people that  play that silly game of eye for an eye. Come on!!! so if someone offends you, you offend them back? NO! I mean if you do then that makes you exactly like them right? How will people tell the difference? Now am not telling you to just sit there and let people turn you into a playground! All am saying is Be kind. Your life may be the only Bible some people read. ~Author Unknown God bless you!!!!!

Sidenote: Isn't it like too hot? I mean seriously, If Texas is any indication of how hot hell will be then I better work on my relationship with Jesus christ because I want to make it to Heaven; I bet its Air conditioned up there. I know we are all sinnerholics and maybe this is God's way of punishing us but hey, I thought when Adam and Eve sinned , God already gave us the ultimate punishment. ugghh I gotta have a chat with Eve because this girl did not have to eat that Fruit!! there were way too many fruits in that garden!! Maybe this has nothing to do with sin. I think Al Gore is right. Global warming is a serious issue. Anyways...who cares? Winter is almost here.


P.S. I just had a  brownie with frozen yoghurt....yummmy!!! I am totally chocolate wasted!! I love chocolate.

3 comments:

  1. nice...I was just thinking about an experience i had a few years ago at Quad C,this old lady dropped her credit card and I was right behind her,I picked it up and ran after her,she was in shock and she was like you are an angel for doing that,i did not think it was big deal but i felt good that someone thought I was an angel :) but I totally agree its the little things.Keep the blogs coming,very interesting stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly!!! its sounds like a no biggies but when you think about it it actually is. People can move mountains if they wish! All i ever want in life is to leave a smile on someone's face and just be an inspiration even if its only for moment!! Thank for taking your time to leave a comment and those blogs will keep on coming!!!

    ReplyDelete