Oct 26, 2010

The single experience

"Why are you single ?" is the most popular question I get almost everyday of my life. Its just a default question. Well If I knew why am single I would not be single right? I mean that's like asking me why am black..why don't you ask my parents? I just found myself black. Now people take this whole single train to a whole new level of desperation. Just coz I don't have "Reggie" or "Sean" by my side does not mean that am unhappy, or something is wrong..NO...am single because I have NOT found true love. I am single for the same reason the sky is blue and the grass is green. I was having a convo with this stranger I ran into on campus. He "saw" me and I think he "liked" what he saw so he decided to "holla" at me. and his first question was "why you walking alone lil shawty...I thought you was here with you man or dip or somebady"...by the way guys...never cal me lil shawty coz I HATE being called that. SO I responded and said well am single...he opened his eyes as if he had been stricken with lightining.." watchu mean you is single? I mean you look good...body banging and  ish...cute behind..matter fact imma call you bubble booty or better yet bubble butt"...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....THAT REALLY ANGERED ME!!!! Take your ghetto self home...uugghhh and for some reason his cologne smelled like NARNIA...anyways...I do not have a definite answer why am single. But  I have reasons and here we go:

TOP REASONS WHY AM SINGLE :

1. Cupid has been shooting those arrows at a bad angle.  So yeah when I actually think of love and romance,the last thing on my mind is a chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon.....oh well.

2. I'm single coz am stubborn (in a good way). I REFUSE to lower my standards for ANY man. I have done that in the past and look where it led me...BEING SINGLE AGAIN.I am not experiment-driven..this is not a science lab..its real life. I will not date  you just coz I wanna "see how it goes" or I just want to "use" you. NO. I will be 24 soon so that teenage fiznuck is DONE!! am looking for someone who keeps it real. The minute I find out you a LIAR and a PLAYER..R.I.P coz you are DEAD to me....

3. I'm single coz I have an obsession with a "classy, intelligent man"..let me make this clear...By classy I simply mean a man of good character, no grillz in your mouth, no thug-like attitude, no ghetto talk, clean shaven brutha or any other race who strives towards leading a good life. You do not have to drive a mercedes or BMW, NO. as long as you trying and making an effort..am all for that! That does not mean I've always been with classy men. NO. and I repeat NO.. NO and once again NO.

4. I'm single coz my vision about my future is GRAND! My significant other has to understand that I have been working on my dream my whole life and he has to be able and willing to be there for me emotionally..notice I did not say financially coz guess what? I DON'T WANT YOUR MONEY! And I will also support you in your efforts towards having a better future. you just cant come in my life and have it your way and want this and make me put my plans on hold..NO..this aint burger king fool, so you cannot have it your way. Its about "us", not you and I...US baby..US..get it?

5. I'm single because lets face it...good men..especially good black me are hard to find. But thank you Lord for my open mind coz am not even waiting for a black man. Yes, I prefer chocolate. I love me Black men but guess what? There's other races too. SO I will not just let a chance by simply because am waiting for that hood rat broad! no. But back to my point..I like a guy that will challenge me, someone spontaneous, fun, interesting..in a good way. Now I don't mean you go 2 weeks without calling and come back with a lame-butt story and think that's being spontaneous...NO you being RUDE and Insensitive and a JERK ( yes I said it. go tell yo momma if u want). I want a guy that inspires me.. and I will inspire you.

6. I am single coz I will not allow ANYONE to make me feel like am not important or worthy. Once again...I have traveled down that road and never again.  am not perfect, I migght not be Halle Berry, or Beyonce ( I got her hips tho..whoop whoop..jk)...or whoever you so hold your standard to. BUT TO ME, I am the BOMB! end of story.

7. I have ZERO tolerance for ignorance . I am allergic to ignorance and I cannot stand ignorant men who walk around thinking they are the ish when in reality they just suck! thats my opinion by the way. you might not agree with me but opinions are like elbows..we all have em. so yeah if you are ignorant then you suck! TO ME.

8. I am single coz I want you to teach me or I teach you something you already don't know.  show me something I have not seen or experienced before. It does not have to be financial, or physical ..DO it mentally and emotionally. Show me we are in this together. Be there 100 % and i will be there 100 %...this is all that matters.

9. Am single coz am gullible. I don't trust easily. Experience has taught me that men lie easily..with a straight face..so I keep my emotions a secret and I tend to just not believe what they tell me. In other words I have built a 7 layer  brick wall around my heart.

10. Finally..am single because am working on being the BEST girlfriend, wife, whatever I can ever be. Nuff said. I refuse to define myself by anything, other than THE BEST!!!

Am alone but not lonely...so do not get it twisted. Am still open to options. Being single and an emotionally healthy woman is not a curse. Its a blessing in disguise. I have learned GREAT lessons that I have enabled me to lead a better life today.  Am single because I am able to be. Its my choice and am happy with it. When I wake up every morning, I look in the mirror and I LOVE what I see. I thank GOD for ending all my past relationships because even though at the time I thought I was happy and in love. No..I was miserable and in unhealthy relationships. superficial love is not my cup of tea..that's for the vultures.

THERE YOU HAVE IT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment