Mar 1, 2011

The beauty Trick

 I'm going to be quite honest; I think the cultural space that young ladies have at the moment is very poisonous and brain washing. The reason I say this is because a massive emphasis is placed on a girl's physical apprearance, and as a result of that there is a huge pressure on all of us to conform to this ridiculous notion of what is 'beautiful' .One of the really scary things is that what the media advertises and pushes to be 'beautiful' is a very narrow image. You have to be tall, thin, really light skinned or really blonde. Most women dont even fit into that bracket and therefore we're being told that girls that dont fit in to this 'beauty category' are not pretty enough.

What has emerged as a result of this, is that you will come across three distinct groups of women :

1. Women who are strong enough to say : "forget what the media tells me, enough of that dookie, I am pretty enough".

2. Women that are slightly insecure because of the fact that they have a flaw and the media views this as an abnormality; which makes them want to conceal this flaw or improve it. A majority of the World's females fall into this category.

3.Women who are actually what the media says is 'beautiful'. They then place themselves on some sort of pedestal and they are very physically attractive but internally they are the ugliest people you will ever meet. They have an evil spirit. If these women were cars, They would be like a BMW with an engine of a hyundai. No offense to hyundai drivers am just trying to make a point by saying these people are not what they look like. These kind of women really annoy me on so many levels.

Talking to my Mom, Aunties, and a few female friends ; We all came to the conclusion that the saddest part about this whole fiasco is we are taught and nurtured to pay all our attention  and invest everything we have in how we look. Truth is,  physical beauty in itself does not even have the power to sustain and define a meaningful relationship. All beauty does is attract somebody or people towards you. If someone is with you just for your looks, why would you want to be with them in the first place?

The point of this particular blog is not be one of those cliche' "its what's on the inside that counts" speeches. The reason I wrote this piece is to remind all of us, including myself that when we evaluate ourselves and try to define who we are; we shouldn't be so caught up and entangled in what the world says is beautiful. The world is stupid because it hasnt caught up to the idea that there is so much diversity and beauty is not one dimensional. We should look at who we are on the inside and say, The woman I am on the inside is what will sustain me. If I empower and inspire people then thats beauty. Strive to be a kia with an engine of a bugatti royale..not the other way round!!

You can follow me on twitter @leighnda.
You can also add me on facebook @ facebook.com/leighnda
You can spam, oh sorry I meant  email me at  lynn.maserati@gmail.com

Peace, love, joy.

NAMASTE.

No comments:

Post a Comment