Feb 1, 2011

Don't get it twisted

Today's blog is dedicated to one of the most beautiful and inspiring women I have ever come to know....MY COUSIN DIANA! Diana lives and works in Kenya. She went to College in the U.K and recently got a wonderful job offer in Nairobi. Anyways, Diana and I were talking on Skype two weeks ago and the topic of relationships came up. One thing Diana and I have in common is we are extremely picky when it comes to Men and its just ridiculous. She even joked and said she is convinced her Man is not created yet. That is our biggest flaw. Even though Diana is so beautiful, her past relationships are just a sob story. The men she has been with are the classic definition of douchebaggery, waste of air and skin, Hence the reason she raised her standards sooo high no man on earth can be with her.
Both of us came to this conclusion...There's Prerequisites and preferences when it comes to choosing a partner in life. Prerequisites are those qualities a man/woman MUST have and you are not willing to compromise. These are non-negotiable factors. For me personally, you have to be a man, PERIOD. The word "man' might sound funny or simple to you but trust me there are more boys than men out there. Another very important prerequisite for me is you have to have integrity and virtue. END OF STORY. These two factors matter more than your social status, your race, your income...I don't care if you makes 12 dollars a year...all I want is a real man with integrity and virtue.
Preferences on the other side are just comparative advantages...basically what your taste is. Its not a deal breaker. For instance..I love black men...that's what I prefer...but If a Hispanic man approached me will I turn him down...NO.
The biggest problem though is most females AND males mix prerequisites with preferences and therefore  find themselves using a preference as a way to determine whether or not they will date someone and thats why a majority of people end up with the wrong boyfriend or girlfriend. Have I been victim of this? OH YES YOU BETCHYA! If I told you my love stories you would weep for me and its solely ridiculous! But shout out to the people in my past...ya'll didn't make it to my future for a reason and I'm forever thankful to God for that. I must admit...turning 24 has turned me into one smart woman. I am not bragging...I am just stating a fact. I will no longer settle for a guy based solely on my preferences. Oh he is tall, cute, has a job, lives in highland park or whatever...only to find out he has ZERO integrity...his character stinks worse than a witch's ass and he has no clue how to treat a woman. Get what we call the hell outta here! Shut the front door! I'm done!!
Therfore, My plea to my fellow ladies (and men) is open your eyes and look past the materialistic, good for nothing qualities and dig deeper. Get to know him or her and don't ignore the red flags either. I guarantee you that you cannot and will not have a spiritual connection with someone if they don't share the same values as you do. If you're struggling to "get along" and don't see the basic elements of life in the same way then Let go or just be friends.

This is 2011......Thats all I have to say. Be smart!

NAMASTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment