Feb 15, 2011

Linda's rants and Realizations

Howdy Everyone, Lets dig in; shall we? Good.
Rants
1.A 20 year old British Woman died at a hotel in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania while receiving butt injections. At 20 years old, I did lots of stupid things, luckily none of them killed me. When I first read this story I was like what in the world? who would do that? But then again, I came to realize that the modern world puts so much pressure on being "size zero" and they forget that black women have an inverse pressure of being "size thick". The media praises all these women whose proportions don't even exist. Ladies, Love yourself for who you are. I admit, when I was younger, I had self -esteem issues and wanted a body like no other. Its not until I begun having a relationship with myself that I realized am beautiful and fine just the way I am.

2. The catholic church has now released a "confession app". I'm not quite sure how it works because I am not interested. I don't mean to be rude, but really? where do these confessions go? to the Pope? no sir. I'm good. I have Jesus on my necklace and he is the only Man I can confess my sins to.

3. Egypt Finally did it...whatever that means! Mubarak's step down was as vile and disgraceful as a woman trying to hang herself by her used tampon string. The rest of Africa could Learn a thing or two.

Realizations

1. There's a lot of people out there whose job is to do nothing but criticize, analyze and dish out barbaric remarks. These are not even Professional critics or anything. Just a bunch of Idiots who can't help but dispense vile, idiotic advise. But do you know what's even worse? WE allow them to come into our lives and choke our confidence and self-esteem, pollute our minds with all these negative ideas that kill your dreams. Listen, stop caring about what everyone thinks about you. If your success or failure has no direct impact on someone then why do you even value them? ONLY listen to those people that care about you and want nothing but the best for you.

2. There's a very thick line between being a girl and being a woman. Womanhood is realizing that touching your boobs won't make them any larger and that kissing boys won't make you pregnant. I'm sure you're going huh? yes people,read between those lines.

3. Mentors hardly exist. Those people are as extinct as dinosaurs.

4. Real friends are hard to find and keep. Keyword here being "real".

5. I get analyzed, criticized and compared to other people a lot. The real Linda doesnt even shine in limelight anymore. Its all about "them". It sucks being the underdog. *big sigh*

Thats my semi "let it all out" post. If it made sense to you..GREAT! If it didn't then Oh well things aren't always black and white. The grey area exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment