Sep 15, 2010

I AM NOT MY HAIR

Note :Will be posting a  video. so for all my email subscribers..you cant see the video via email. Go on to My main Blogger site to view the Video. :)

I will never Forget the Day Solange Knowles, Beyonce's lil sis, cut her hair. She got this really cool buzz cut and started wearing teeny weeny afros. My GOSH! America went crazy!!! People thought she was insane. She even had to appear on Oprah and talk about her HAIR CUT! give me a break people! And who  can forget Chris Rock's movie "good hair" that spun so much controversy. My Goodness. Its just hair. it grows back. YIKES! Hair does not define who you are.

India Arie...We all know her; and if you don't..thats what Google is For. Her music is just outstanding. Defnitely one of the BEST soul singers of this generation. Her song "I am not my hair" (Please google the lyrics) I believe is just one of the realest songs out there. She goes Hard! Every Lady, young or old, should Listen to that song, Especially if you are African/ African-American..ok enough with being "politically correct" Listen ALL BLACK LADIES NEED TO LISTEN TO THIS SONG. PERRIOD! The western soceity has brain washed us to believe that for a black woman to be considered beautiful, she ought to have long, silky, European-looking hair. Why Cant you just have long, natural hair? now am not against Perms. I was a permie. I say Was because Today I did my "big chop" and am all natural. Will try and grow my own natural hair long...just like I did when I was back in Kenya. I have gotten so many mixed reviews its not even funny. Anywhere from you look amazing, to OMG!! do you have cancer? how about Why would a normal girl cut her hair? Wait this girl told me I look like Amber Rose (Kanye west's Ex girlfriend)..SIGH. WELL. I wanted to have long natural hair and I was sick of breakage, split ends, all that stuff. My marriage to hair relaxers is over. Divorce it is!!! time to embrace my nappy roots and have fun with it. Beauty comes from within folks.That's all I can say. For now...am, loving my new look (holla Solange knowles).  This is the beginning of a journey. Not just a hair journey but an emotional one as well. But am so ready for the change. To top things off here is the Oh so amazing Video:

No comments:

Post a Comment