Yes...I know. I have lately been buried in a deep hole of lameness and I can't seem to crawl out. Its been a while since I last blogged and my subscibers have been emailing me left and right asking me why am not blogging; Its simple: School is keeping me occupied. and when am not in my right mind, my left mind gets pretty crowded!!! Its not easy trying to maintain all A's on your transcipt....My aplogies though, AM BACK LIKE I FORGOT SOMETHING!! full swing with a vengeance. Its not that I don't have any events to blog about...its just am BUSY! ok you get the point.
1. First of all Let me just Give a special shout out to my DADDY....His birthday is around the corner...won't tell you the day coz I dont want you guys stalking him...hahahaha just kidding...anyways...HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!! I thank God for giving you another year of amazing health. Praise be to him! Its not easy trying to keep up with 5 kids and still look like you're 18! Either way am glad you are my Dad!! Enjoy your day!!!In a few years birthdays will mean spending time with your grandkids!! and I mean ALOT of em. hahahahahahah.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY FATHER.
2.September.....ugghhh...school needs to slow down. We just started and man..the assignments are killing me!!! Am sooo sleep deprived! All i do is eat, breath, talk, and live Organic chemistry! Like my Dad tells us....you either Go to school or live your whole life living paycheck to paycheck then you will see what life is really all about! He challenges us to do better than my Mom and him. SO am taking College by the horns and showing this mess whose boss. YEP! there is no recipe for excuses in our household. You either go to college, or find a job and Quit complaining. Infact, My parents will have no mercy on your butt if you decide to drop out. They support us 1000000% so its really our stupidity that will cause us to not succeed. those are harsh words but they are true.
3. I have finally decided to read Steve harvey's "Act like a Lady, Think Like a Man". Don't even get me started on the issue of relationships...Its a whole new world. So yeah I have heard great reviews about this book and I want to read it. Lets face it...in today's soceity, things are a little different from back then. So ladies need to get a few tips on how to handle these so called Men or boys that pursue them because if you don't start thinking with your head and only use your heart...Girl you Gonna DIE, yes DIE of a serious heartbreak for nothing. Matters of the heart are complicated. SMH!!!! I hear Ladies say stuff like "I can't live without him"..WHAT????!!!!! What do you mean? Before him there was life and after him there is still life!! NEWSFLASH!!!! you MOVE ON!!! yes its not easy as it sounds but its doable! we often think we will Never find any other guy like him but WHOA!!! give it time and see what happens. Or like my dad says...Go to school, get that Doctor of pharmacy degree THEN you will see all of em crawling out wanting you! Its not Marriage..its DATING so YES you can totally live without him! I don't know why people think Life stops once you get a heartbreak..NOOOOOO chica...life is just starting! With a little time and courage..all will be well.
4. God answers prayers...in His own time!...enough said...P.S. if there's anyone out there who is going through rough times in their life and you feel like you just can't take it...Do not give up. See we human beings tend to think we can tell God what we want. STOP...he knows what's best for us. His plans may not be the same plans you have for yourself. Stop thinking you know more than him..PUH LEEZ! he created you. HE is not a vending machine..he is GOD. it might take 1 year, 20 years, whatever but TRUST ME..those prayers will be answered. And sometimes when he Says NO..its ok coz YES could mean worse for you.
5. My birthday is coming up! Yipeee...I cannot belive am turning twenty something. yeah See gone are the days when birthdays meant YAY am getting older!!! once you pass that 21 age mark things start getting blurry. YOu just wish you could be 10 again.
6. Be nice to people...life is funny oh! The same people you meet on your way up! are the same people you will meet on your way down. pretty cool huh? yep! the toes you step on...could turn out to be the A$$ you kiss one day!! thats life!!! Life shows you whose boss and shakes the heck outta you! If you think life is not fair..GO have a chat with Adam and Eve..they are the ones that ate that Fruit and messed us up!
7. There comes a time when we all say "I should have listend to my mom or dad". Do we honestly think we are smarter than our parents? Sigh. ok yes you might disagree and have different opnions about life...thats normal. infact its OK to disagree...but dang!!! you are not smarter than them. Enough said. All I can sayis they warn us, its upto you to take the advice or find out the hard way.
8.I am a music junkie!!!!! I am so in love with Joss Stone Pandora station. GOSH!!! Music is just amazing. FYI...it took me a while but now I love John Mayer and Chery Cole's music. Lyfe Jennings in the ONLY male artist who just speaks the truth from his heart. That song "statistics"...soo deep and soo true. EVERY female should listen to this song. Not only will it make you smarter, you will realize that findinf Mr. right is not as easy as Disney channel tries to put it. Prince Charming doesnt just pop up with his horse and sweep you off your feet!!! NONESENSE!!!!!
9. SO I am contemplating on whether or not I should go natural. Truth be told..relaxers Do damage your hair. I have nothing against all Black women out there who love the whole perming thing..I mean I've been perming too but enough is enough. The main ingredients in those chemicals are harmful to your scalp (yes, am learning something in Ochem) and after a while your hair follicles get damaged. So am now transitioning to natural hair. I will have to Chop off my hair and rock a teeny weeny afro but Braids will be my best friend.
10. I am feeling compelled to get more involved in the community. (a)So Last month I decided to be a bone marrow donor. so I am registered nationally as a bone marrow donor. I am so praying that they find a match so I can donate my bone marrow. (b) I have signed up to be involved with make a wish foundation (google to see what its all about). (c). World Vision is my life (Child ambasador). (d) I am soon going to be very invloved with keep a child alive foundation which is Alicia Keys Foundation that helps kids in Africa whose parents have died or are dying of HIV/AIDS. and Lastly, I will be volunteering at the Plano adult clinic which serves low income families in the plano area.....AS YOU CAN TELL...I AM VERY PHILANTHROPIC AND YES I WILL BE A PHILANTHROPIST IN THE FUTURE!!!! Watch out Bill Gates....am coming!!!!
11. Weight loss goals....am training to run my 2nd half marathon (13.1 miles) and it benefits Texas scottish rite hospital but over the summer I ate alot of junk food so man!! my endurance is back to -10. So am making healhtier choices now but am struggling with divorcing my husband called Chocolate. I love me some chocolate!!!! Yikes!
12.Its been difficult realizing that people can be so hurtful and depressing but inspite of that, i have to commit everything that concerns my life into the hands of the Almighty, becuase he cares for me, and I thank him for blessing me with an Amazing Family and a few true friends.
13. Going to pharmacy school is no joke. The application process....WHOA!!!! its a beast. Enough said.
14. Kind eyes...when will I see you again?
Life has been pretty great these days..some ups ..some downs..lots of growth and discovery but most importantly, God is present and when He is present..all is well with the world!
Song of the day : "You pulled me through" by Jennifer Hudson.